Banana Bread (Less sugar)
This recipe has all the flavor of any other banana bread with only 1/2 the sugar.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 container unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs large
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tps ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour 1 t
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk, applesauce, and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.