Blackened Catfish with Mango Salsa
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2-1/4 teaspoons pepper divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 4 catfish fillets 6 ounces each
- 1 medium mango peeled and cubed
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine the oregano, cumin, paprika, 2 teaspoons pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; rub over fillets. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and remaining salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5-7 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.