Chocolate Bundt Cake
A moist and delicious cake that goes perfectly with coffee.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 container unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour I use a wheat and white mixture.
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup coffee strongly brewed
- 1 cup buttermilk substitution: 1 cup plain yogurt, or 1 tbsp lemon juice plus enough milk to fill a cup.
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp confectioners sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients, then add the eggs, applesauce, coffee buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.,
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan (fluted).
- Bake at 350° F for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.