Grilled Bell Pepper and Zucchini Skewers
This recipe is veggies on a skewer. You can add meat if you like.
- 1½ lb. zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp. fresh or dried parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 10 - 12 button mushrooms large - stems removed, caps brushed clean
- 10 - 12 metal skewers
- Peel and cut the squash into 1 in. pieces
- Remove seeds, ribs, and stems from peppers and cut them into 1 in. pieces.
- Bring a large pot (¾ full) of salted water to a boil. Add squash and bell peppers to the water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain and cover with cold water and let stand for 2 minutes. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper
- Prepare a grill and oil the grill rack. Remove the veggies from the marinade.
- Thread the squash pieces, the peppers, and the mushrooms onto skewers. Arrange skewers on a rack. Grill turning occasionally brushing with the leftover marinade until lightly browned 8 - 10 minutes. Serve immediately.