A popular dip served with nacho chips
- 3 medium avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Optional: 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Optional 1 diced jalapeño
- Peel and seed the avocados, and scoop out the pulp into a large bowl.
- Pour lime juice over the avocados.
- Add salt and mash together with a fork or a potato masher. I like to keep mine somewhat chunky.
- Add onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño (if using), and stir together.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving, so the flavors can meld together.