Use this in place of store-bought mayonnaise.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the egg, garlic, lemon juice and mustard in the container of a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then blend on low speed while pouring oil into the blender in a fine stream as the mixture emulsifies and thickens.
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.