- ½ cup sugar softened
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 container unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs whisked
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 30 mini phyllo shells
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Place sugar, lemon zest, and eggs in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan; set over medium heat. Whisk constantly until mixture is combined and warmed through, 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and butter; cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened and bubbly, 4-5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and thickened.
- Once chilled, fold in whipped topping until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place phyllo shells on a cookie sheet; bake until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and then spoon about 2 tsp lemon mixture into each shell. When ready to serve, garnish each with a berry.