A hearty Italian soup
- ½ cup white onion chopped
- 3 oz. petite carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1½ cup zucchini diced
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 16 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cup chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 can tomato paste
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Add onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add chicken broth. Fill empty broth container with water and add to soup.
- Add canned tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until veggies reach desired tenderness.
- Add frozen peas, kidney beans, and chopped spinach. Cook for 5 more minutes until spinach is wilted and peas are thawed.