Rhubarb and Banana Muffins
A very tasty muffin, not too sweet and very flavorful.
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 eggs large
- ⅔ cups milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour I use half wheat and 1/2 white flour.
- ¾ cup sugar or maple syrup
- ½ cup mashed banana
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen rhubarb If you use frozen be sure to thaw and drain it before you add it to the mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, vegetable oil, and the mashed banana, and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture stirring just to combine. (The batter will be lumpy).
- Add the rhubarb, just to combine; do not overmix.
- Fill prepared muffin cups, greased or papered, about ¾ full of batter.
- Bake at 400° F. for about 22 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- NOTE: I set the oven to "broil" for the last minute to darken the tops of the muffins.