Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Yummy sweet potatoes baked at a high heat to make them brown and crispy. They are satisfying.
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano minced
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together garlic, olive oil, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Cut sweet potato lengthwise into 1 1/2 in. thick wedges; place in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil mixture. Toss gently to coat. Arrange wedges on a large baking sheet in a single layer so they are not touching.
- Bake in the oven turning once until potatoes are softened and slightly browned (about 20 minutes).