Mediterranean Steak Salad
Cooking time: 10 minutes Overall time: 30 minutes Serves: 3 to 5 people
- 1 head of romaine lettuce washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 9 ounce steak rib eye or strip loin
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients adding the olive oil last and set aside.
- Slice the onion and zucchini; toss with the tablespoon of olive oil and the Italian herbs.
- Cook the zucchini and onions on medium heat until tender. It will take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, barbecue the steak over high heat to medium rare, and let it rest for about 5 minutes before you slice.
- Lay the lettuce into a large serving bowl layering the ingredients: zucchini, onion, roasted red peppers, steak, crumbled feta.
- Serve the dressing on the side.