Lemony Shrimp Garlic Pasta
This fabulous dish glorifies shrimp with the flavors of lemon and garlic.
- ½ pound angel hair pasta broken up
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup of grated Romano cheese
- ½ cup lemon juice about ½ cup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Romano, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon slices.