Simple Honey Scones
This recipe is dairy-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free.
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp raw sugar cane to sprinkle on top
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1 cup canned coconut milk+more for brushing on top
- ½ container unsweetened applesauce if the batter looks dry
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, walnuts, and cherries.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, honey, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until the ball of dough forms. Sprinkle with extra flour to handle, and place the ball on the counter or cutting board. Press and flatten the ball to 1-inch thickness.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the round into 8 even pieces like cutting a pizza. Separate the pieces and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with extra coconut milk, and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes or until browned and firm to the touch. Transfer scones to a cooling rack. Note: These scones are best enjoyed the day of, but can be stored at room temp for a few days or up to 1 month in the freezer for best results.