Simple Sicilian Salad
An easy and delicious salad that is low in calories.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber peeled
- 1 apple chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 tsp salt sprinkled to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper ground to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cut up all ingredients as specified.
- Place in a big bowl.
- Pour dressing on. Note: You can add or subtract according to taste. I like a bit more salt and pepper than most. My daughter is my taster. She tells me when it is perfect.