A small spinach pie that you can eat fresh or freeze.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 1 package of fresh baby spinach
- 8 small mushrooms cut in small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion sliced in small pieces
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano You can always use fresh herbs in place of the dried
- ¼ cup fresh Romano cheese grated
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet very well.
- In a large frying pan, coat the bottom of the frying pan with extra virgin olive oil. Heat for about a minute. Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, and oregano until the onion is yellow.
- Add the baby spinach and cook until the spinach is totally cooked (wilted).
- Drain the mixture very well using a colander and a large spoon to drain the juice.
- Open a package of crescent rolls and break up the dough into 8 triangles.
- Press each triangle into a cutting board and place a tablespoon of spinach mixture into each one.
- Wrap the crescent roll around the spinach mixture by diapering the mixture with the crescent roll.
- Pinch the edges until all the mixture is contained within the crescent roll.
- Place each pie onto the cookie sheet.
- With a pastry brush, brush some milk onto the top of each pie.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.