Steak With Porcini Mushrooms
A very delicious steak recipe from the Mediterranean diet. Mushrooms and green vegetables surround a piece of sirloin steak.
- Dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 large red onion sliced
- Chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 sirloin steaks small
- Place porcini mushroom in a small bowl with enough boiling water to cover them and leave them to soak for 10 min.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onion for 3 min; add the sliced mushrooms. Let them cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 min.
- Stir in cornflour followed by the porcini mushrooms and their soaking water. Continue to cook stirring frequently until the sauce thickens. If it looks too thick add a little more water.
- Meanwhile, cook the steaks to your liking.
- Serve the steaks with the mushroom sauce poured over them and some steamed green vegetables on the side.