This stuffed zucchini recipe is a meal in itself.
- 8 zucchini medium-sized
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion minced
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Peel and cut the zucchini on both ends.
- Slice each one lengthwise and remove the flesh from each one. Set it aside.
- Chop the flesh, the onion, and the carrot finely.
- Saute the vegetable mixture in olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and cook for about 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Mix cooled beef with egg, grated parmesan, chopped parsley, a pinch of nutmeg and freshly ground pepper.
- Stuff the zucchini with the filling and set them in a large frying pan witn a little olive oil and a 1/2 cup water.
- Cook slowly for about 40 minutes and then serve.