Toasted Muesli (Nuts and Dried Fruit Mixture) A Dairy-free Cereal
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut desiccated
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or apricots, roughly chopped
- Optional: milk or yogurt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Heat the honey and vegetable oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Gently simmer for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the rolled oats, the nuts, the seeds and the coconut.
- Add the warm honey mixture to the bowl and stir well to coat the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the oats onto a large rimmed baking sheet and spread out.
- Bake the ingredients for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add the dried fruit and stir to combine.
- Serve with milk and/or yogurt.
- Store muesli in an airtight container for up to a month.