Tomato and Basil Omelet
This is a yummy breakfast idea from the Mediterranean Diet.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 – 5 basil leaves shredded
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork.
- Add a little seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan, and cook the cherry tomato halves for 2 minutes.
- Add the basil; cook for a further 20 seconds. Pour in the eggs swirling them around the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Once the omelet starts to set, loosen the edges and fold it over. When it is lightly golden, slide it on a warm plate to serve.